Nevada State Bank has been helping family-owned businesses since our founding more than 50 years ago. We recognize that owning a family business presents challenges as well as opportunities. We have the experience, the resources and the know-how to help you face those challenges and make your company a success for generations to come.
While your banker can provide you personalized assistance, we have several online resources that are available 24/7. Our quarterly newsletter and on-demand webinars both highlight key areas of interest, and challenge, for family businesses. Click on the links below for convenient resources.
Family Business Newsletter
Winter 2013 - In this issue:
- Strong Family Values Bring Family Business Success
- Decision-Making on Family Business Matters
- Do’s and Don’ts for Bringing the Next Generation into the Family Business
Fall 2013 - In this issue:
- Part of A Larger Community
- Owners’ Discussion on Selling the Business
- Honoring Both Family and Business Considerations in Compensation Approaches
- 10 Strategic Questions for the Next Generation
Summer 2013 - In this issue:
- Fifth Generation Company Still Going Strong
- "To Sell or Not to Sell"—That Is Not the Only Question
- Developing a Winning Strategy for Family and Business: The Parallel Planning Process
- Passing the Baby: The 8 Must - Haves of Successful Continuity Planning
Spring 2013 - In this issue:
- Relevant Resources to Help Your Family Business Succeed
- Are Next-Generation Family Members Qualified to Lead?
- Living with Your Will
- Should I call you DAD? And other perils of working for your family business
Webinar: Moral Agreements & Governance in Family Business
- What processes and policies will help us develop alignment between our family members, business owners and management?
- How can governance measures prevent problems now and keep us out of court later?
Webinar: The Ten Must-Haves for Excellent Succession Planning
- How can my succession plan balance the needs of my business with the wants of my family?
- How do I begin to determine the next leader of my business?
- How should I plan, manage and communicate my retirement plans to my family, partners and employees?
Webinar: Making the Family Business Work
- Provides a basic understanding of key family business concepts
- Discusses the challenges and complexities of family business
- Gives you tools and resources for family business discussions
- Looks at key components of succession planning
|Nevada State Bank is proud to sponsor Nevada Business Magazine’s Family Owned Business Awards. Click here to see a special supplement featuring all the finalists.|