HOW ARE YOU PROTECTING YOUR BUSINESS?
As your bank, we’re here as a resource with tips and tools to help keep your business protected from email fraud. Below you will find educational videos to help you and your team learn how fraud happens and ways to avoid it.
HOW CAN I HELP PROTECT MY BUSINESS?
Best Practices to Consider
Create company policies:
- Contact the requestor to verify they sent the email
- Validate payment instructions with details on file
- Implement multiple approvals for large remittance amounts
- Implement approval protocol when executives initiate a transaction
- Set checks and balances
Provide scenarios that resonate with daily activities and functions.
Ensure employees understand how to decipher fraudulent emails and URLs.
- Do the details in the email match?
Supply employees with instructions if they suspect or experience fraud. It is important to act quickly.
- If your business is targeted, remember to alert your IT department and Nevada State Bank immediately, and file a complaint with the FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).
- Build in system controls within the IT portion of your business to map existing workflows for ACH and wire payments. Identify weaknesses that could expose you to risk.
WE'RE HERE TO HELP
We are in your corner and dedicated to serving as a resource. For information on fraud prevention services and tools, please contact Treasury Management Operations at 800.693.7695 or visit your nearest branch.