Supporting U.S. Servicemembers and Veterans
Nevada State Bank appreciates the sacrifices and contributions of clients who are currently serving our country in the military, as well as veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces.
Military Advantage Checking clients with current military identification receive the following benefits:
- Monthly maintenance fee is waived when you maintain a minimum daily balance1 of $500 or receive incoming direct deposits totaling at least $250 per month, otherwise $6
- Use Online Banking and Online Bill Pay to manage finances on your time through a mobile phone, tablet, or computer2
- 50% discount on a Safe Deposit Box3
- Annually receive one order of Nevada State Bank exclusive checks for a low $5.95 handling fee or receive a credit of $5 toward the purchase through Nevada State Bank of another check style
- Open your account with a minimum deposit of $50
Military Advantage Checking is available to active and retired military personnel and their dependents, including guard/reserve,enlistees, ROTC students, veterans, and DOD civilians. Please show your current military ID card at any branch to receive these benefits. When you renew your military ID card, be sure to bring the new card into the branch so we can continue your benefits.
Active duty military servicemembers may be eligible for Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) benefits and protections.
Please refer to the Deposit Account Agreement, Account Disclosure, Deposit Rate Sheet and Personal Account Schedule of Fees, or speak with a banker for more details.
1. A direct deposit is an electronic credit to your account. Transfers from one account to another or deposits made at a banking center do not qualify as a direct deposit. All direct deposits made during the statement month are added together to determine the total direct deposit amount used to waive the monthly maintenance fee. In order to avoid a monthly service fee, the minimum balance requirement must be met. If your daily balance drops below the minimum balance requirement, then a monthly service fee will be assessed.
2. Some online and mobile banking features may not be extended to minors. Internet, mobile and text messaging service provider rates and fees apply for the following services: Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Purchase Alerts or Mobile Card Fraud Alerts. Additional Bill Pay fees apply for expedited delivery options. Transaction notifications are sent to your email account and/or mobile device by SMS text. Account must be enrolled in Online Banking to enroll and manage Purchase Alerts.
3. Availability varies by branch.Cannot be used in conjunction with other safe deposit box discounts.