Personal/Business Mobile Banking FAQs
If your answer's not here, we're here to help. Please visit the "Contact Us" page for a complete list of contact information.
Mobile Banking provides anytime access to your eligible account(s) from select mobile devices. Simply take your banking with you whenever and wherever you are. With Mobile Banking, you can:
- View account balances
- Search recent account activity
- Transfer funds between eligible accounts
- Pay bills to existing billers
- Deposit checks to eligible accounts
- Find ATM and Branch locations
Download and launch the mobile application. Or visit nsbank.com from your mobile web browser. When prompted, enter your Online Banking Login ID and your password. The first time you sign in, you’ll be required to accept the Mobile Banking Service Agreement. You may also be prompted to enter your mobile phone number. If you have any questions, please contact Nevada State Bank Online Banking Support at 888.835.0551, available Monday through Saturday from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Pacific Time.
For the security of your accounts, we ask you to enter your Online Banking Login ID and Password to access the application. Also, communication between the device and the bank is protected using SSL Encryption.
With a mobile web browser, you use the web browser, like Safari or Chrome, from your mobile device to access information. Mobile applications can be downloaded to your mobile device from an app store for a variety of uses (i.e. mobile banking). These applications provide an experience optimized for iPad®, iPhone®, iPod® Touch, and Android™ devices without using a web browser to access information.
You’ll need an account that is enrolled in Online Banking and a mobile device that can access the Internet (for accessing your account using a Mobile Web Browser) or download applications (for using a Mobile Banking Application).
A data plan is strongly recommended because data usage charges by your carrier can become expensive without a plan. Please check with your wireless carrier for more information.
No. There is currently no charge for the Mobile Banking service; however, ordinary bank fees under other agreements still apply (e.g. funds transfer that results in an overdraft charge, or applicable Bill Pay fees). Also, your wireless carrier may impose data or messaging charges. Check with your wireless carrier for more information.
Yes. Enrollment is a one-time process for each mobile device that you want to use to access Mobile Banking.
Each mobile device supports one enrolled user.
Immediately call Nevada State Bank Online Banking Support at 888.835.0551, available Monday through Saturday from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Pacific Time to report the unauthorized transfer as soon as you discover or suspect it. The agreements and rules that govern suspected or actual unauthorized transfers through Online Banking, such as deadlines to report unauthorized transactions, also apply to transfers made through Mobile Banking via use of a mobile device. Please see your Online Banking Service Agreement, your Deposit Account Agreement, and your account statements for further information. Also, see any agreements governing the specific affected account (e.g. credit card agreements). Where applicable, those documents include information regarding special rights of consumers, such as those in cases of unauthorized transfers from consumer deposit accounts under Regulation E and/or consumer credit accounts under Regulation Z.
First, make sure that your mobile device has a Mobile Web Browser installed. Then, type “nsbank.com” in your mobile web browser to find the Nevada State Bank website. Click on the link and log in to your account just as you would from a desktop computer.
No. There is no charge to use a Mobile Web Browser; however, ordinary bank fees under other agreements still apply (e.g. funds transfer that results in an overdraft charge). Also, your wireless carrier may impose data or messaging charges. Contact your mobile service provider for any charge that may apply to web browser usage on your mobile device.
The following three steps are recommended for an optimal web experience:
- Ensure your mobile device browser has cookies enabled.
- Enable style sheets on your browser. Style sheets are used on web pages to define the design and layout of the page.
- Bookmark your mobile website (nsbank.com).
Generally, these settings are found in the web browser settings menu on your mobile device. Refer to the user guide that came with your mobile device for more information.
Banking using a Mobile Web Browser is available on most mobile devices that have the capability to browse the Internet and support cookies. Refer to the user guide that came with your mobile device for more information.
When you access your account using a Mobile Web Browser, you use the web browser on your mobile device to access your bank account. Mobile applications, on the other hand, can be downloaded directly to your mobile device. These applications provide an experience optimized for iPad®, iPhone®, iPod® Touch, and Android™ devices without using a web browser to access information.
The Mobile Banking iPad and iPhone applications can be downloaded for free from the Apple® App Store using your mobile device.
The Mobile Banking Android applications can be downloaded for free from the Android Market™ on Google Play™ Store using your mobile device.
The downloadable application is available for iPad® and most smartphones, including iPhone®, iPod touch®, and Android™ devices. Enter “nsbank.com” into the web browser on your mobile device. If a downloadable application is supported for your mobile device, a link to download the application will appear in the main menu. You can also visit the Apple® App Store or Google Play™ Store directly to download the application.
Mobile Check Deposit is a convenient and easy way to deposit checks from your mobile device into one of your eligible accounts. With the Mobile Banking app on your mobile device, you can take a photo of your check, enter the check information, and securely submit your deposit for processing. Checking, Savings, and Money Market accounts are eligible for Mobile Check Deposit.
You can deposit a check to your eligible accounts by following these simple steps:
- Before you begin, endorse the back of the check with your signature.
- Sign in to the Mobile Banking app and select "Check Deposit" from the main menu.
- Select the “Deposit” button and then select the “Front” or “Back” camera icon to take a photo of your check.
- You should make sure your check is placed on a dark, well lit, flat surface. Tap the camera icon in the viewfinder to take the picture. If the preview looks correct, select the checkmark button. If not, simply tap the retake icon and try again.
- After you have successfully taken a photo of the front and back of your check, you will see small thumbnail image previews on the check deposit screen.
- In the "Amount" field, enter the amount of the check you are depositing. Be certain the entered amount matches the amount on the check.
- Tap the "Deposit To" field to select a deposit-eligible account.
- After all the required fields are complete, select the "Continue" button.
- Review your entries and then select the "Confirm" button to finalize and submit your check deposit request.
There is a $0.50 processing fee per mobile check deposit unless your account includes this service at no charge. Please click on the consumer or business account disclosure links below to see if your account waives the processing fee. If you are unsure what account type you have, you can check by logging in to Online Banking and then selecting "Preferences" from the "Home" tab. There may also be charges associated with text messaging and data usage on your mobile device. Check with your wireless carrier for more information.
Consumer Deposit Accounts Disclosure
Business Accounts Disclosure
Yes. Mobile Check deposit limits are as follows:
- Personal Accounts open for 60 days or less: $1,000 in total check deposits per day and $2,500 in total check deposits during a rolling 30-day period.
- Personal Accounts open for more than 60 days: $2,500 in total check deposits per day and $5,000 in total check deposits during a rolling30-day period.
- Business Accounts: $7,500 in total check deposits per day and $15,000 in total check deposits during a rolling30 day period.
Successfully submitting your check image with your mobile device will begin the deposit process. The processing time to complete the deposit may vary. Funds deposited before 600 p.m. Pacific Time on a business day (every day except Saturdays, Sundays, and federal holidays) are generally available for withdrawal on the first business day after the day of the deposit. If you submit a check for deposit after 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time or on a day the Bank is not open, the deposit will be processed on the next business day we are open and available the business day after that. If your deposit is declined, we will email you a notice by the first business day after the day we receive your deposit. Deposits may be subject to additional holds. View your "Recent Activity" to see your deposit status.
You can view your deposit history in a few simple steps:
- Sign in to the Mobile Banking application and view the main menu.
- Select "Check Deposit" and then “Recent” deposits.
- Click on a single deposit to view the available transaction detail.
- If you would like to view the check image, touch the image icon and the image of the check will appear.
After you successfully submit your deposit, retain the check for 30 days and then destroy the check. This allows sufficient time in case the check needs to be re-deposited.
Simply download and install the Mobile Banking Application on your new mobile device. We recommend that you also access Online Banking, select the “Services” tab, then “Mobile Banking”, and remove access to your old mobile device.
Simply download and install the Mobile Banking Application again. Most likely, you will not need to re-enroll. Simply log in once the app is on your mobile device again.
During enrollment, a "cookie" is stored on the web browser of your mobile device. This cookie allows the Mobile Banking system to remember that you enrolled. Some mobile devices may require you to enable cookies or periodically erase them—requiring you to re-enroll. If you are asked to re-enroll, check your mobile device settings to ensure that cookies are enabled. If cookies are enabled and the situation persists, please contact your mobile network carrier for cookie support information on your mobile device.
Immediately log in to Nevada State Bank Online Banking, choose “Mobile Banking” from the “Services” tab, and remove your mobile device from the Mobile Banking Management page. For additional assistance, contact Nevada State Bank Online Banking Support at 888.835.0551, available Monday through Saturday from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Pacific Time. If you later find your mobile device, you can re-enroll that same mobile number.
To delete or uninstall the application from your mobile device, follow the instructions below. Refer to the user guide that came with your mobile device for more information, or contact your mobile device manufacturer or authorized dealer.iPad® or iPhone®:
- Press and hold any application icon until all icons begin to wiggle.
- Tap the little "x" in the upper-left corner of the application you want to delete. A dialog box appears, informing you that deleting this app will also delete all its data.
- Tap the Delete button.
- Open the Google AndroidTM Menu.
- Go to the Settings icon and select Applications.
- Click on Manage.
- You will be presented with a list of installed applications.
- Select the application you want to uninstall and click the Uninstall button.
Call 1-888-835-0551 for Mobile Banking Support. For general customer service inquiries about Nevada State Bank products, please call toll-free 800-727-4743.