ONLINE ACCOUNT OPENING: FAQs
If your answer's not here, we're here to help. Please visit the "Contact Us" page for a complete list of contact information.
To complete this application:
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must be a U.S Citizen or U.S. Resident Alien with a Social Security number.
In addition, you will be asked to provide:
- A current U.S. home address and previous home address (if you have lived at your home address less than two years).
- A U.S. checking or savings account number, or a check, to fund your new account.
The same information that is required for opening an individual account will be required from each of the joint applicants. For details, select “What do I need to open an account with Nevada State Bank?” above. Please note that each applicant will need to sign the signature card. For accounts opened online, there is a maximum of two signers allowed per account. If you need to add more signers, please visit any Nevada State Bank branch.
The personal information that you provide allows us to verify your identity. (For more information, select “What do I need to open an account with Nevada State Bank?” above.)
You may make your initial deposit using any of the following methods:
- An electronic transfer from your existing Nevada State Bank account.
- An electronic transfer from your checking or savings account at another financial institution. You will need your account number and bank routing number to complete the transaction.
- By mailing a personal check or cashier’s check to Nevada State Bank. The bank address will be provided during the application process.
- Via wire transfer.
Electronic transfers from your existing account at another financial institution are processed within 3 business days. Based on the completion and approval of your application, you can expect your new Nevada State Bank account to be open within 3 -5 business days.
Prior to submitting your application you will be provided a confirmation screen on which you may review all of your personal information. To make a change, simply click on the "Change" button next to the applicable section and you will be taken back to the original page where you may edit your information.
Yes, if you choose to save your information in the system, you can make additional electronic transfers. During the application process, if you choose to fund your account via electronic transfer, you will be given the option to enroll in External Transfers. This free service will allow you to transfer funds from designated external account(s) at another bank to your Nevada State Bank account at any time, through your Online Banking.
Please note that you may make internal transfers between your Nevada State Bank accounts at any time by logging into Online Banking and choosing “Quick Transfers” from the menu on the left.
On interest bearing accouts, Interest begins to accrue no later than the business day we receive credit for the deposit of non-cash items (for example, checks).
Shortly after you complete your application, you will receive an email from Nevada State Bank confirming the status of your application and giving you further information regarding your account. Upon approval, you will receive a Welcome Letter and an initial supply of checks and/or deposit slips within 5 –7 business days. If you have ordered a debit or ATM card, you can expect to receive it within 7-10 business days.
NEED ADDITIONAL HELP?